Document Generation is a Jira app that allows to generate documents and reports from Jira issues via user defined layout specified in so called templates. Flexible templating engine supports both: simple data exports like issue details, as well as complex reporting that requires data aggregation from multiple issues. The latter is a unique feature that is mostly not supported by competitors.
- Configure app
- Define templates
- Generate documents based on templates
Configuration consists of Jira-wide settings, and initial templates definition.
Currently, templates can be defined in Microsoft Word format, Open Document format, or HTML. HTML template can be created in built-in online editor (see the image above), while templates in other formats have to be created in external tools and uploaded to Jira.
- A panel on issue details view
- A button on issues list view
- 'Templates' menu item in Jira's menu
- In case you have both our apps installed, Work Time Calendar for Jira and Document Generation for Jira, the Documents Generation app will be accessible by clicking Reports button on Work Time Calendar app. In this case Documents Generation app will take selection criteria from Work Time Calendar app so that you don't have to provide it again. Moreover, you can override it in dialog before generating a report.
Once templates are defined, users can generate the documents.
Below is an example of document generation from search results (referenced in app as 'Issue list' context):
and here is an example of document generation from single-issue view (referenced in app as 'Issue' context):