Starting version 2.1.34, Gantt Suite for Jira supports automatic migration from Jira Server/Data-Center to Jira Cloud as part of Jira Cloud Migration Assistant. Please check the documentation for Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.
Here is a sum-up of the steps to be taken to successfully migrate Gantt Suite to Jira Cloud. Prior to migration, please study Atlassian documentation to make sure you understand the whole process.
1. Launch Jira Cloud instance.
2. Install Cloud version of Gantt Suite for Jira on the launched instance.
2.1. Navigate to Apps → Gantt to verify that the app is installed.
3. Log in as admin to your Jira Server/Data-Center.
3.1. Update Gantt Suite for Jira to the latest Server/Data-Center version.
3.2. Make sure you have the latest version of Jira Cloud Migration Assistant. If needed install or update it.
4. Run the migration according to the Atlassian documentation, and select Gantt Suite for Jira as an app that should be migrated.
Please note that there is no need to migrate BrizoIT Common Modules app in case there is one.
5. The migration of Gantt Suite data should not take more than 1 hour. This time does not include the time that is needed for Jira data migration and other apps migration. Check the migration details page to make sure that Gantt Suite for Jira was migrated.
If the app migration status is either Failed or Running for more than 1 hour, please create a support ticket indicating your Jira Cloud URL and attaching the file migration-com.brizoit.gantt.log from JIRA_HOME/log directory.
6. Please note that, once the migration to cloud is complete, you may need to adjust the chart permissions and ownerships to make sure that your Cloud users see the migrated charts.
Migration to cloud limitations:
The JQL added to a chart configuration is migrated as a string
Thus, a JQL added to a chart configuration might not work correctly, once Gantt Suite is migrated to Jira cloud. Example case: the JQL contains clauses with assignee.
The toolbar settings per user might not be migrated
Example case: a user has set the filters by assignee, issue type, and status.
Since the global app configuration is not migrated, please make sure to review/configure the next settings under App administration → Gantt Suite:
The server migrates Gantt specific custom fields to cloud (those with "[Gantt]" text in them). The cloud also has such fields available. So, once migration to cloud is complete, cloud ends up with two sets of almost identical fields. The fields of server origin will have “(migrated)" added to them. You may want to delete the original cloud Gantt fields, and remove the "(migrated)" part from the migrated custom field names. Thus, you will have only the migrated server custom fields.
The migrated “Duration [Gantt]“ field becomes useless on cloud. So, please feel free to delete the field. There might be also “Duration [Gantt] (migrated)“ field, that can also be removed, after a successful migration to cloud.
Please make sure that the fields that were added to a chart configuration in server, such as start and/or end, and time tracking field, are added to the screens of migrated projects in order to prevent the errors. More information regarding chart configuration and screen updating in cloud here.
Once migrated to Cloud, please review the security schemes for the projects for the configured Impersonated view to work correctly.